UAlbany is expected to demonstrate the following attributes or activities with regard to Student Support Services:
- a program of student support services appropriate to student strengths and needs, reflective of institutional mission, consistent with student learning expectations, and available regardless of place or method of delivery;
- qualified professionals to supervise and provide the student support services and programs;
- procedures to address the varied spectrum of student academic and other needs, in a manner that is equitable, supportive, and sensitive, through direct service or referral;
- appropriate student advisement procedures and processes;
- if offered, athletic programs that are regulated by the same academic, fiscal, and administrative principles, norms, and procedures that govern other institutional programs;
- reasonable procedures, widely disseminated, for equitably addressing student complaints or grievances;
- records of student complaints or grievances;
- policies and procedures, developed and implemented, for safe and secure maintenance of student records ;
- published and implemented policies for the release of student information; and
- ongoing assessment of student support services and the utilization of assessment results for improvement.
*Evidence of Integrity should be interwoven in with the above discussions. MSCHE's overall interest in institutional integrity is that:
Integrity is a central, indispensable and defining hallmark of effective higher education institutions, and it can manifest itself through the institution's conduct within each of the other standards.