Uploading Files to Electronic Reserves
Electronic reserves supports many common file formats, and library staff has the ability to integrate almost any file format into the electronic reserves system. Please note, executable files and zip files may not be uploaded to electronic reserves.
Files up to 60MB may be uploaded to the electronic reserves system. However, larger files may be difficult for students to download due to bandwidth and students' personal devices.
After creating an electronic reserves page for a particular course in Blackboard (click here for instructions), follow these steps to upload files to your electronic reserves page. If the file format you are uploading is not recognized by the electronic reserves system, library staff will update the system to work with your file.
- Log into Blackboard (https://blackboard.albany.edu) using your University NetID and password.
- Under My Courses, select the course for which you wish to access the electronic reserves.
- Select the Electronic Reserves link from the left-hand navigation bar, if your electronic reserves page does not automatically display.
- Select the Add Reserve Items link from the E-Reserves Tools menu.
- Select the File Upload link.
- Complete the file upload request form by filling in the title and author information (marked by an asterisk on the form). Optional fields on the file upload request form may also be completed: tags can be entered on this form, if using tags to organize electronic reserve materials; item availability dates can be entered on this form, too.
- Click the Submit Item button at the bottom of the form to go to the file uploader.
- Select the Choose File button.
- Select the file you wish to upload from your computer.
- Select the Submit Item button.
- The file will be uploaded to your electronic reserves page.
Contact reserves staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 442-3609 for additional assistance.