Requesting Journal Articles for Electronic Reserves
After creating an electronic reserves page for a particular course in Blackboard (click here for instructions), follow these steps to request journal articles for your electronic reserves page. Library staff will scan print articles and upload them to your electronic reserves page. If the Libraries have electronic access to a journal article, library staff will create a link to that article on your electronic reserves page.
- Log into Blackboard (https://blackboard.albany.edu) using your University NetID and password.
- Under My Courses, select the course for which you wish to access the electronic reserves.
- Select the Electronic Reserves link from the left-hand navigation bar, if your electronic reserves page does not automatically display.
- Select the Add Reserve Items link from the E-Reserves Tools menu.
- Select the Article link.
- Complete the article reserve request form by filling in all required citation information (marked by an asterisk on the form). Optional fields on the article request form may be entered at this time: tags can be entered on this form, if using tags to organize electronic reserve materials; item availability dates can be entered on this form, too.
- Click the Submit Item button at the bottom of the form.
- Library staff will make the journal article available on your electronic reserves page.
Contact reserves staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 442-3614 for additional assistance.