Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
Proxy User Policies
- A proxy is given when a sponsor has given permission for someone (proxy) to pick up materials on their behalf.
- A sponsor can only be faculty/staff and registered persons with disabilities.
- If the sponsor is blocked, the proxy cannot check anything out on their behalf.
- The sponsor of the proxy sets the expiration date of the proxy.
- The sponsor is responsible for any fines and lost book fees incurred by materials checked out by their proxy.
Completing the Proxy User Form
- The sponsor of the proxy must fill out a PROXY Registration form and sign it.
- Photocopy the proxy borrower's photo ID.
- Use a new paper proxy borrower card. They are white and located in the box where the barcode stickers are kept in the cabinet behind the circulation desk.
- Get 2 matching barcodes from the barcode sheet and place one on the proxy card and one on the bottom right of the Proxy Registration form.
- Issue a White Proxy Card.
Adding a Proxy User In ALEPH
- In ALEPH, open the patron record for the sponsor. This needs to be open in order to easily find the sponsor's ID
- Write down the System Number (00) under the Additional ID's tab. This may be all #'s, sometimes starting with letters, (but write down everything) and the Patron Status under Local Patron Information.
- Select "New Patron" from the menu bar on Global Patron screen.
- Create a new patron and enter in the barcode, the Proxy's name information followed by "PROXY". Click Update.
- In Global Patron Information, on the left towards the bottom, enter the Sponsor's ID exactly as it appeared before and set 2 boxes below that, to "99" from the dropdown. Click Update
- In the Local Patron Information, enter the Sponsor's Patron Status.
- Click "Get Defaults", adjust the expiration date to what the sponsor indicated on the "PROXY" Registration form.
- Click Update.
- In Address information, click Duplicate and switch the Address Type so that you have one address that's Type 01 and the other as type 02 (every record should always have 1 of each address type).
- Click Add.