Organizing Electronic Reserves Materials Using Tags
This page provides an explanation of what tags are, how to use tags, how to create tags, and how to delete tags.
Tags provide a useful method for grouping reserve items on an electronic reserves page. Tags can be used to group reserve items together by things such as topic, class meeting number, or assignment. Multiple tags can be assigned to a single item to provide more flexible groupings.
Tags appear in a "Tag Cloud" above the reserve list on an electronic reserves page. Each tag in the "Tag Cloud" has a number next to it indicating to how many reserve items a tag has been assigned. Clicking on a tag will generate a filtered reserve list view of items to which that tag is assigned.
Tags can be created for reserve items when adding individual items to electronic reserves, or tags can be added to items already on reserve.
To include a tag when adding a new item to electronic reserves, enter the tag in the appropriate field on the reserve request form. If using multiple tags for a single item, separate tags with commas.
To add a tag to an already existing reserve item,
- Select the item from your reserve list
- Enter your tag(s) in the Instructor Tags field. If using multiple tags for a single item, separate tags with commas.
- Select the Modify button when finished adding tags to existing reserve items.
If you wish to remove a tag at any time,
- Select the item to which the tag is assigned
- Delete the tag in the Instructor Tags field
- Insert a comma in the empty Instructor Tags field
- Select the Modify button when finished.
Note: If you wish to delete on of multiple tags assigned to a single item, replace the tag to be removed with a comma and leave the tag(s) you wish to retain. If you wish to remove a tag assigned to multiple items, follow the steps outlined above and repeat for each additional item to which the tag is assigned.
Contact reserves staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 442-3609 for additional assistance.