Circulation staff in the University, Science, and Dewey Libraries, as well as IMC staff, record information questions using LibInsights Service Desk Question Form. These data are captured for statistical reports and to determine service desk staffing demands. Staff members should use the LibInsights Alma widget to access the service desk question form and record service desk questions.
This help page covers how to:
Recording Information Questions
- Select the appropriate question category from the Category of Interaction list (scroll down through list to see all categories).
- Include brief information about question if selecting Other or Turnaway categories.
- Scroll down in the Widget and select your service desk location (i.e., Dewey, IMC, Science, ULIB)
- Optional: if recording multiple questions of the same categoery, adjust number under # of records to insert.
- Click Submit button.
Adding the Widget to Alma
Use the following steps to add the LibInsights Service Desk Question Form Widget to your Alma home screen:
- Click the plus symbol icon, located in the upper-right corner of the Alma home screen, to add a widget.
- Select the box to set the LigInsights Service Desk Questions widget to active.
- Close the Manage Widgets dialog box by clicking the X in the upper-right corner.
- Drag the widget to position it in a convenient location on the Alma home screen.